Monday, June 4, 2007

If I Could Be a Cat . . .

. . . I'd be a cat that lives in a shop in Greenwich Village. Then, like the sleeping feline in this photo, I could watch the world stumble by, choose to snooze, or rub the legs of customers and accept the ministrations of my admirers. (Actually, there are many cats that live in businesses in our neighborhood. And of course most of them spend the day like this, sleeping in a window. This contented cat has lived on Bleecker Street for several years. There are even a few dogs that come to work with their shopkeeper families. Unlike the cats, however, they usually sit at the stoop, watching carefully for other dogs or the potential wielders of treats.)

1 comment:

One Wink at a Time said...

See what I mean about the award?
;-)
This was really nice. I'm not even a big fan of our feline friends, but I love this picture.