Monday, July 9, 2007

More from the Family Archives

Digging through the archive of family photos I came across these gems from when I was 2 and 2 1/2. The funny thing about both photos is that 1) my mother saved both of those outfits and still has them, and 2) both the wing chair and the love seat are sitting in the same locations in my parents' home - 41 years later! Can you believe it?!

Although many things have changed in the house over the years, the formal living room, in terms of its furniture, has changed little in four decades. They've simply added oriental rugs to replace the green carpet shown in the photos. But don't fret that they might have thrown out the old rugs; they were recycled and placed in an extra second floor den where they will doubtless lie until my parents are gone and the house is sold.

My boys always get a kick out of these pictures because they just can't imagine that I could have been this young or this small. I look at them and feel really old.

1 comment:

One Wink at a Time said...

My lands, you were cute! I noticed the white hard-soled shoes that were a mainstay when we were little and yet you so rarely see them anymore. It's a wonder our kids can walk right... The downside to those shoes, aside from polishing them (with Sani-White) on Saturday nights in time for church on Sunday was this- holding a child on your lap wearing said shoes, would inevitably involve some squirming by said child. Which would inevitably result in having your inner thigh tramped upon by those hard, hard soles. I'm talking some serious pain...