Thursday, February 1, 2007


Do you know how hard it is to take a decent photo with a cellphone? Yes, I wear bow ties to work every day, have for years, even when I'm wearing jeans, combat boots and a tweed or navy blazer. As for the hair, I went crazy a few weeks ago and had most of my hair buzzed off. Don't think I'll do that again for a while. Not really enjoying that "Zippy the Pinhead" look. But here I am, a day into age 43. At least it's starting with more promise than the start of 42, when I was still unemployed.

What are my goals for 43? Here's a short list, in no particular order:

1. Maintain this blog!
2. Continue to work on the depression issue (which means finding a new doc).
3. Look into selling some of my paintings.
4. Make the jump to some large format photography.
5. Be more patient with my family (who would doubtless appreciate that from their eccentric dad).
6. Plan and execute at least one cool family trip. With friends living there for a year, Costa Rica is a very real possibility.
7. Read more fiction.
8. Have more sex. (Ok, who doesn't want this as a goal?)
9. Take greater advantage of NYC's cultural outlets (museums, concerts, etc.).
10. Remodel/repaint our apartment, which is typically small like most spaces in Manhattan.

1 comment:

One Wink at a Time said...

Sounds like a commendable and ambitious list Brian. And from my vantage point, all attainable goals. Therein lies the secret. (LMK how to achieve goals #5,6,7& 8)