Friday, August 31, 2007

Vacation Photos: Great Wolf Lodge

A week ago our family was frolicking in the waters of Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos. As promised, here are a few photos from the experience. Going back through the digital camera I realized that I hadn't taken many still shots. Instead, I had taken mostly video. If I could ever figure out how to string some clips together and upload them to blogger with the new video feature, I'd share some of those moments. Until I have more free time, however, that project will have to wait.

In the second photo, my older son (left side, with the red hair) is contemplating a dive into the wave pool. Most of the time this was very popular and crowded. But on Sunday morning when I snapped this photo, it was pretty quiet. The wave pool was a good experience for the boys. It really bolstered their confidence in the water and made them more comfortable with going under the water. The third shot - in low light - shows my wife and the boys in the shallow pool that had several basketball goals. Although the boys loved the water slides, they kept coming back to this pool to shoot baskets. We were so surprised - NOT - that they gravitated to a sports-related activity. It was a great experience on what was really our first foray into the world of family resorts. We'll definitely return this winter for a much-needed respite from the cold weather.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

One Wink at a Time said...

Not sure how I missed this post in my previous visits...
You could post your video on YouTube and import to your blog... I did that once long ago and have since forgotten how but it must be quite easy for me to have accomplished it in the first place ;-)
Glad you and the family enjoyed this. I'm not sure how I like that big, open industrial-looking pool area, even with the murals... could just be my aversion to public pools.