Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Vermont Barn Doors

We just returned from Vermont late Monday evening, exhausted from driving, hiking, and enjoying the fall foliage. This will be the first of several posts on our annual trip since I took lots of photos and have lots to share. Friday afternoon and Saturday morning we spent on Scott Farm, near Putney. Known for its orchards filled with heirloom apples, the farm was used as a location for The Cider House Rules, which I've mentioned in several other posts which include a couple of my paintings. We fed the sheep, moved them between a couple of fields with the help of a border collie named Kip, and walked through the orchard rows, picking apples and munching on wild raspberries. As I walked around the farm Saturday morning, wandering from barn to barn, I noticed that the doors were quite striking in the beauty of their weathered wood and peeling paint. I started snapping away. These are the digital photos of four of those doors. I also took black and white film shots and will post some of those when they're developed.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

One Wink at a Time said...

I'll take Door #2. Not what's behind it, just the door.

Welcome home, glad you had a safe trip.